Total Pageviews

Monday, December 28, 2009

Be good at least at one thing

In 1994, I was actually considered good enough to be in the first squad of my rugby team, even denying some former and current state players for the position. As the decision was made by the current star of the national team, it was one of those things people just followed, me included.

By the second game of the inter colllege tourney, I realized that I was picked not because of my good looks and or my non-existing suicidal nature but rather because of my supposed speed and ability to break out of the scrum quickly to support the star player. I was able many a time in a game just to be there beside him and thus gave him more options and time to do damage. It worked well enough though I handled the ball preciously little.

I realized then as I do now that you only need to be good at one thing, one simple but hopefully useful thing and you can actually cut it in this world. I was good at just following the star player and thus I got picked ahead of seasoned campaigners. I am able to speak well and thus, almost always people will see me first.

4 comments:

  1. I love this article because it gives me confident to face my ownself. no more hiding behind the wall. i become more strong to believe in myself....
    besides that, everyone has their own uniqueness. even we have the same no of chromosme, we are still a different person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this article.seems give me a motivation and a new view in facing many challange in my life.although i'm weak at certain thing,but at least i have to be an expert in some things.maybe about things that i like

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometime, we do not realise that we have the ability that everyone does not have. so, be grateful to whatever we have but it does not mean that we have to be satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes,i agree with your opinion.we as a human being are not born to be perfect.in fact all of us have a weakness.so,if we knew that we good at certain thing,we do need to focus on itand try our best.

    ReplyDelete