Total Pageviews

Monday, October 19, 2009

The Accusation

There I was, cool as cool can be on my multicolored bike. I stopped, looked around and immediately noticed something not quite right. People, some blokes and girls were actually looking at me or at least at my hideous multicolored (not by choice) Honda 70cc Cup.

Nope. They were looking at me. Well maybe I am amazingly handsome today was the thought in my mind. I walked up the stairs and two blokes (acquantainces not really friends) high fived me. A senior stopped me and asked me on how I could be that stupid. By then, I figured, I must have done something that was on the left side of nice. It clicked in my mind. My wonderful drug addict friend must have gotten arrested or created some kind of people pissing stunt yesterday. I finally realized that it's got nothing to do with him when a nice looking course mate of mine asked me how could I have been caught with a girl.

Caught with a GIRL? Me? And not only that, I was accused of trying to be involved in some kind of close connection art at the Chinese Cemetery. Why? For staters, I have always been seriously afraid of chinese ghosts and the cement top of the cemetery would not be a great prop even if the girl had been Pamela Anderson or Phobe Cates, (this was 1990 so the second name was more relevant). Seriously, I had problems talking about assignments with girls and how could I have been daring enough (definitely not meticulous) to plan an underachieving gig like I was accused of doing.

Needless to say I was refuting the acusation with all the venom I could muster. I was ready to go blow for blow with words or physical contact (less so physically as they were quite a few of these righteous accusers). The end was nowhere in sight and my reputation in tatters. Well, help came in the most unlikely source.

No comments:

Post a Comment