Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Accused

Never had a girlfriend till I was 23 and even then it was more like a case of situational syndrom (acted together so I guessed the situation was the catalyst). It was an amazament to me to see all my supposed macho mates having a girlfriend or two by the second semester. I was really adamant in my belief that gilfriend and machoness will never mix except if you are friends with Sauron and Saruman both.





Thus, it was quite mindboggling that some of my mates needed to talk to their girlfriends first before we could go out for pool. One even stated that he's very close to her and therefore would need to consult her as not to hurt her feelings. It was then becoming stupefying, too much new information for me to fathom and act upon.Like any good supposedly macho 19 year old, I went to see an all action movie with my drug addict friend. It was a fantabulous B movie. My not so close buddy wanted to make a usual stop to refurbish his limited stock. I said okay and zoomed past the place with him extremely unhappy at the back. Good movies, Yes. Good food, Yes. Drugs and Girls, No in whichever order it may come.



That was the spirit then. Idropped my unhappy friend and went to my room gathering my laundry and went to my sister's house to do justice to my jeans, shirts and etc. My sister pleaded with me to babysit her kids. Adamantly, I told her that I have a test coming and I need to study. However, I stayed back to babysit her kids out of brotherly love. The 30 Ringgit she gave was never a factor in my decision making, well maybe a bit plus the mouth watering 'Briyani'. It was cool, I looked after my nieces through a beautiful game I invented called the sleeping monster.


Late the next day I went back to my college. I felt like all eyes were on me and the eyes were not particularly nice ones. It was as if I had done something hideous. I found out eventually why those eyes were on me. I was accussed of doing something ridiculous. Me, doing it, this something and all the while I was hard at play at the sleeping monster game changing between an ogre and a foul dragon while hillariously entertaining my nieces. Me, how dare they accused me.

No comments:

Post a Comment